In 2014, the biggest headlines out of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) were the slew of regulatory and directive changes announced and finalized. These included:
- significant changes to the VEVRAA (veterans) and Section 503 (disabled) regulations;
- an amendment to Executive Order 11246 (as well as new related regulations) to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the non-discrimination and affirmative action requirements;
- a new Executive Order requiring contractors to provide information regarding employment and labor law violations in connection with contract bids (and related other requirements);
- release of proposed regulations that would require contractors to submit annually their compensation information by race and gender (that are expected to be finalized in early 2015);
- an overhaul of the federal contractor compliance manual; and
- a revised and significantly expanded compliance audit letter.