Name: Lisa Montgomery
Title: Human Resources Manager
1. How many years have you been working in HR? It is hard to believe but it will be 30 years in June of this year. I spent 16 years with Amoco/BP in various locations and 14 years with Rayonier.
2. Favorite thing about working in HR? The variety – I have been an HR generalist in the field for 29 years after having escaped the corporate world after one year as a specialist.
3. Best piece of advice you ever received about a career in HR? With HR you can work in any industry so it opens up lots of possibilities.
4. Most important thing on your desk? Picture of my animals (2 cats and 2 dogs).
5. If you weren’t in HR, what would you do? I would have loved to have been a vet.
6. Favorite office supply? Post-it notes.
7. One inexpensive, effective way you’ve utilized to improve employee morale? Tell people thank you and mean it (and be specific).
8. Best tip for dealing with an angry employee? Keep your cool and don’t get caught up in their emotions.
9. Favorite inspirational quote that gets you through your day? Do what you love to do now because you won’t always be able to.
10. Favorite website or app that helps you do your job? Welcoa has a lot of great information (much of it is free) on developing a comprehensive worksite wellness strategy.